Nuffnang

June 01, 2011

Thank you, Scholes!

Immediately after the final whistle at Wembley, some cameras were fixed on Scholes and Giggs. Is it is the end? Mostly for Scholes, as Ryan Giggs had previously signed a 1-year contract with the Red Devils. Unfortunately, this was Scholes last chance of silverware. The magnificent midfielder decided to retire.


Now, Scholes has announced his retirement and that he will remain in the coaching staff of Manchester United. On United's official website, Scholes shared his thought with us:

“I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that playing football is all I have ever wanted to do and to have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honor. This was not a decision that I have taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing. To have been part of the team that helped the club reach that 19th title is a great privilege. I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my career, I would also like to thank all the coaches and players that I have worked with over the years, but most of all I would like to thank Sir Alex for being such a great manager, from the day I joined the club his door has always been open […]"

After the final whistle at Wembley, Xavi, Messi and Pedro all asked for Scholes' jersey, as a homage to the ginger-head maestro. His jersey had gone into Iniesta's hand.

Thank you, Scholes, Paul Scholes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...